Monday, April 23, 2012

Buzz & The NRB...

Where have 2+ weeks gone?! Seriously though! Just yesterday it was erev-Pesach and I was bawling my eyes out in the car on the way to the hospital (annoyed as anything because I was shlepping to the hospital YET AGAIN and would probably be sent Home after wasting 6 hours or so sitting in the emergency room.) Little did I know that less than 12 hours later I'd be a mom and here we are 2+ weeks later trying to figure out this whole 'parent' thing.


Granted - it would be a whole lot easier if I didn't have serious tiny-baby-phobia. I'm not sure why they scare me so much - it can't possibly be their fragility and the fact that they're completely dependent on the people around them... *wonders if maybe sarcasm doesn't work so well in writing*

Still he's 17 days old and seems to be thriving - so I guess I'm doing well enough so far. (Truth is I haven't done much of anything. Z has been absolutely amazing, as well as his awesome Savta & Sababi and of course a whole slew of willing aunts and uncles with warm and toasty arms to cuddle and snuggle him tight!)

We're working on planning the Pidyon Haben (which is the last of the mandatory parties for the opening chapter of his life.)

Sleep used to elude me - now it is forcefully kept at bay. Food used to make me sick - now I don't have time for it anyway. Nothing gets done in my house because at any moment it'll be feeding time and all times in-between are crying times or diaper changing times or cuddling times.

People say to enjoy it because it goes by too quickly.

I'm trying my hardest. I'm just wondering if my poor brain is remembering to take some pictures to look back on once it's flown by.

No comments: