Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blubber Ducky!

We spent last weekend in The Sun House. We headed out there on Thursday night and had a delicious dinner and quite an interesting evening. Friday was very busy - I ran a lot of successful errands with Z & Buzz in tow. Shabbos was a lot of fun. And on Saturday night we had the cherry on top of the whole shebang when we visited with S&S and Buzz got a chance to show off his cruising skills and explore new territory!
Sunday started off grumpily (on my part anyway) but after a hot water bottle, a big screen to watch my tv show on, and picking up pictures that I'd gotten printed - things improved drastically. Back at the end of the world we plugged in our gift from S&S (a nice big radiator) and were delighted to see that it heated up the living room area pretty nicely. We even got smart and put a small fan behind it to help disperse the warm air - and what do you know?! It worked!
On Monday Z had school in the afternoon and we had a lazy sort of morning on account of waking up pretty late. Z's friends were available for an impromptu game-night and I managed to pull things together with only 15 minutes of warning. Penne A'la Vodka for dinner and a batch of fresh-from-the-oven Polly chocolate chip cookies. One of the guys made me laugh when I brought out the cookies and he remarked "I knew that if I sat here long enough that I'd get cookies!" I guess I am predictable - at least, when it comes to cookies anyway.
Today was a very busy and exciting day! It started off with a very blustery and chilly walk down to the library on the University campus. Z was able to check out a book for me - which we'll be reading for next month's book club. Then we walked down to the 'printer' at the bottom of the lower-campus. We ran into a whole bunch of friends on the way and it was nice to say hello to everyone.
After completing our errands, Z ran up the mountain to get the car. Then we drove out to visit The Freddies! We enjoyed a delicious lunch, then the cousins playing in the 'baby hall' for a bit. Eventually we walked over to the park and the kiddos had a blast on the swings, seesaw, and going down the slide! It was Buzz's first time on a swing and I think he enjoyed!
We walked back to the house and decided that a spur-of-the-moment trip to the mall would be fun. I was able to pick up a new photo album for the pictures that I printed last weekend. Z bought me a book that I've been wanting. We wandered around and had a lot of fun looking in all of the housewares stores. All in all - a very good time!
We left the mall just before our 2-free-parking-hours were up. We said g'bye and see ya' soons to The Freddies and made our way back to the eastern end of rt. 5. There was some traffic at Yarkon Interchange, but it wasn't too bad.
We stopped at Rami Levy on the way, and even tried out the new fancy gas station at the Lev Ha'aretz shopping center. We bought a bag of shoestring-french-fries for breakfasts and a box of cream to make a batch of cream sauce to put on something!
Back at Home the wind was blowing like crazy - but we ran inside and after putting everything away we gave Buzz a nice long bath (which he happily splashed through) then bundled him up in toasty pajamas and finally got him into bed.
Now it's time for us to go watch an episode of tv and fall asleep. We have a couple of hours until Buzz wakes up - lonely and sad - at which point he'll probably come sleep in our bed. (Yeah - what happened to sleep training...?! Honestly I'm not sure.)
Tomorrow should be interesting. Maybe we'll take a trip into town. or maybe we'll be lazy. I haven't quite decided yet. Either way - it should be fun!

No comments: