Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby Mascot!

This morning after a nice hot shower and a delicious french fry and scrambled egg breakfast we went out to run some errands. We stopped at the 'garage' to get our front headlight replaced - it burned out sometime in the last week or so. Then we picked up a can of WD-40 and finally got a stopper for the bathtub. We had a stopper but it was half an inch too big to fit into the drain properly...Quite frustrating to be honest.
Our last stop was at the spice store. I kind of went wild and got a little bit over excited there. Turns out that they're stocking tiny chocolate chips - bittersweet, milk, and white chocolate to be precise. I also got vanilla beans, and some nuts because my freezer ran out. I also picked up what I thought was a kg of powdered sugar but when I got home I realized that it is a kg of cornstarch. I would go and return it but it will make a fun 'sensory play' activity for Buzz when the weather gets a bit warmer.
This afternoon Ita came all the way from Jerusalem to play. I think she had a good time with Buzz - who was in an excellent mood on account of being so overtired that he couldn't stop giggling. She hung out for a few hours before heading out into an un-forecast-ed evening rain shower.
Sara is supposed to come and visit but I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Buzz needs a bath and I should probably figure out what to make for dinner. I took out some chicken for a stir-fry but we're running on just-about-empty as far as veggies go so I'm going to have to get creative.
Tomorrow we have plans to visit the Freddies for dinner. Something about a Swiss cheese and potato party - I'll have to take pictures because I'm not exactly sure what that even means. All I know is that it should be fun!

No comments: