Monday, June 17, 2013

Sambosin SwissCheeseLand

I don't even know where to begin. Nothing new is going on - just a lot of status-quo stuff eating up my time. Maybe I'll get a break once the move is over. Who am I kidding, there are no breaks. Right? In the last two months I've sent out my resume to five places and haven't heard back from three. The other two told me that they'd send me work, but haven't. So I'm budgeting like a maniac, and trying to keep expenses down. I guess it helps that Buzz considers packing boxes, and kitchen utensils to be legitimate toys.
In the meantime, I'm packing like a maniac and trying to entertain the kiddo while I do it. Z isn't around much these days because it's the 'prep week' for his final studio presentation. We're also balancing 'house building' related stuff - engineer, geotechnical survey, and land survey have all been completed. It's a really slow process, which is driving me sort of crazy.
As for packing and our latest adventures - we're up to 30-something boxes. I still have to tackle the kitchen, but most of the 'small stuff' is already done. Most important thing to get done by the end of the week is organizing the guest room. Yesterday we emptied off the shelving unit and moved all of the boxes onto it. But the beds are still somewhat buried and we need them for the weekend since Ayala is coming for the weekend.
Speaking of the weekend - challah, soup, and cookies are already made and in the freezer. Hopefully we'll go grocery shopping tomorrow for fruits and vegetables (and hopefully this week they'll last for more than two days.) Truthfully the weather has been really nice the last couple of days, so I'm sort of banking on it staying super pleasant. And laundry, I should do that one of these days. Basically the house is a neglected sort of disaster area on account of the fact that all my extra energy has been going into reorganizing stuff into boxes. Thank goodness there's Shabbos in a few days - at least this place will get cleaned up for that.
Since my last post - Buzz has gotten even more into climbing like a crazed monkey, and he loves wearing hats - though I use the term 'hats' very loosely - since anything he can put on his head is good enough. He loves coloring with crayons, and he also really enjoys stickers! I found a nice A4 sketch pad that I bought a few years ago but never used - and it's perfect - the pristine white pages call to him - and he's been filling them up with artwork.
Do you like the stickers on the boxes? I'm trying to keep everything organized - so there's a different color sticker for each room in the new apartment. Even if the movers don't get it, at least I'll be able to tell at a glance which room a box belongs in.
Ok - enough dillydallying - back to packing. Hope to post again soon!

No comments: