Thursday, August 01, 2013

'That's not helping!' (Echo...)


On Tuesday we had a grand adventure. We met with our previous landlord in Rishon to settle the bill and return the apartment key. He was so sad that it would be our last time meeting and kept saying how he's been searching high and low but can't seem to find anybody as great as us.
My navigational skills are a bit, ummm... underwhelming, at times so we missed our exit to IKEA on the highway and ended up driving over to Yavne. We found a gas station, filled up our (nearly empty tank) and turned north. We eventually made it to IKEA ans our first stop was for lunch. Everybody enjoyed and then we wandered around the kiddie section before heading down to the 'everything funland' portion of the store.
Yesterday we went out to the post office to pick up a package. It was our new drill! Yay! Finally! So at 7pm Z secured the kitchen cabinets to the wall, then I unpacked the boxes. Earlier in the afternoon Phil and The Crazy Lady joined me on an outing to 'BIG Fashion' and I finally got my pedicure! It was great and my toes look fabulous. We stopped in a few other stores, and I picked up some odds and ends that we needed around the house (sponge holders for the kitchen sinks, superfluous double sided tape, and the like.)
After adventuring I kidnapped Phil (it seems like that happens a lot, right?!) and we enjoyed some delicious roast chicken for dinner while watching a couple more episodes of Gilmore Girls. Eventually Buzz fell asleep, the show ended, and Z drove Phil back across town.
Today we unpacked and organized some more. Actually come to think of it, we didn't really unpack anything - though we did talk about doing it - a lot. I made a rice kugel and baked a lemon cake (ff version - I hope it's tasty). I also did 3 loads of laundry - which is only worthy of note because I actually hung them all out to dry on the line instead of using the dryer. (Look at me, I'm growing.)
The most exciting part of the day was when we 'bit the bullet' and went out to buy Buzz his very first pair of shoes. Not thrilled with the service or selection at the first place, we tried a second store. The staff was very helpful and attentive. They sized him, and showed us which was which and what was what. We chose a pair and then put them on him. At first he wouldn't let go of Z's hand (shy guy that he is, with three pretty ladies fawning all over him and his messy hair) but soon his confidence was in full swing and he was off. He wore the shoes out of the store ans then we 'mall walked' for almost half an hour. He had an absolute blast!

We stopped off at The FamBily House to show off our booty and everyone was excited to see Buzz strut his stuff. We ended up crashing there for dinner (mmm, potato soup, teriyaki salmon and homemade crinkle cut fries.) Phil and I snuck in an episode of GG too, cause if you have the time, use it.

All in all a great day.

Tomorrow I need to finish the Shabbos cooking, and cleaning. I also need to organize the guest room since Sarah Leah is coming for the weekend.

No comments: