Friday, August 30, 2013

Tricky Little Birds

On Wednesday we did the rest of the shopping for Rosh Hashana. We also popped over to The FamBily House for lunch. Yay laziness! I organized the freezer for the fourth time in a month and found space to fit in the enormous chicken that Z picked for the holiday.
Thursday was very quiet and somewhat boring. I made pie crusts - FF & regular. I cooked the chicken for Shabbos. I tried to organize and get stuff ready for Shabbos early.
Then this morning we went out to the Ashdod beach. We kidnapped Phil, and headed slightly southwest.
It was Buzz's second beach experience and it was about as successful as the first. He did not like the sand, and was petrified of the water. The only parts of the trip that he was interested in participating in were - eating bamba and playing at the playground (but only on the open slide - he refused to go through any of the tunnels.)
We managed to coax a few smiles out of him by dancing in the waves on the shore. The tea biscuits that we bribed him with kept him calm too.
Eventually we decided to wrap up the party and head home. There was no traffic and we were extremely grateful for the air-conditioning in the car (as the temperature rose to 95F).
Back at Home we all got clean and did a couple of loads of laundry. Z is washing the floors and then we'll be ready for Shabbos. Well, I mean, I have to heat the food up - but we're as ready as we can be.
On Sunday I'm hoping to make the quiches and maybe even some of the desserts. I'm just not sure where I'm going to find space in the overcrowded freezer. I guess if I take out some of the chicken to prepare that will make some space.
Have a great weekend! See ya soon!

No comments: