Monday, September 09, 2013

Punkinbitsh...

This morning when I woke up, Z was missing. It was admittedly quite a late start to the day (all of 8:15am) but it was also awfully quiet. I found the boys out cold on Buzzy's couch. It must've been some party they went to. They were out cold.

I had some leftover boiled potato cubes in the fridge. They'd been meant for potato salad on chag but I didn't get around to making any. I decided to use them up this morning. I seasoned them, then pan fried them until they were deliciously crispy. They were amaaaazing, especially because I fried them in onion infused oil. YUM!
Thanks to Facebook I knew that a local housewares store was having a huge sale. I like to go and look because I have an addiction to kitchen gadgets. I set myself a 100shekel limit, convinced The Crazy Lady to join me on an impromptu outing, and we went! The selection was mostly unimpressive but I found some finds and feel like I made out like a bandit! 2 adorable tiny water carafes (1/4 liter each), 2 tiny storage bowls, a piping bag, an offset spatula, a small fine mesh sieve, and a set of 6 white wine flutes - final bill: 80 shekels. Oh yeah!

We also stopped in the toy store where I picked up a puzzle and a box of 'chunky' crayons for the kiddo. I had them gift-wrapped individually too - because that always makes them more fun!

Back at Home I gave Buzz his gifts. He unwrapped them, and played happily for a few minutes until he realized that there was 'more' in the bags that I'd brought home. I was showing off my purchases to Z and resting them on the table. Before I knew what had happened, my new spatula and sieve were gone. I turned around to see Buzz disappear into the kitchen brandishing a new implement in each hand. He calmly took out a few bowls from the pareve cabinet and sat down to prepare some complicated delicacy. (In case there was ever any doubt of his maternal lineage...I'm pretty sure the kitchen gadget obsession clears up all doubt.)
At a little before 7pm the airconditioner repairmen arrived. They looked at the unit and informed us that the technician who came yesterday had no idea what he was talking about. Then they proceeded to rearrange all of the cords and cable attached to the machine. They found two big gas leaks which had to be sorted out and then refilled the unit. It took about 40 minutes, but I think all is as it should be now.

The remote is set to 25 degrees and the thermometer on my shelf is registering at 25 degrees. That's pretty cool since we haven't gotten the apartment any cooler than 27.4 for the last month - even when the unit was running full time.

I called Phil to say 'hi' to her in Rhodes - she had a fun day and will hopefully post about it over at her blog: http://moderatelyinterestingadventures.blogspot.co.il/

That's all for today. Toodle-oo!

No comments: