Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Havarti - Scallopini

Z & I had a meeting at 9:00 this morning, so Yo'Abba came over to watch the Buzz monster. I made fries and deliciously healthful pancakes (whole wheat, applesauce & oatmeal - quite a fibericious punch) for breakfast. They had a great time. They made soup and read a book, then Buzz fell asleep.
Z went out to another meeting - a house related one - YAY! While he was out I swept the floors and cleaned up all of Buzz's toys, straightened up the house, did a load of laundry, and fed tiny crazy some lunch. Mmmmm, fishsticks!
When Z got Home we headed over to The FamBily House. There we played on the X-box made sure everything was still standing. Then I witnessed Yo'Abba clean out the fridge. It's one of the things he looks forward to when The Crazy Lady goes out of town. Since the Holydays just passed there were a whole bunch of leftovers in the fridge. He wanted to figure out how to 'repurpose' them - and it seems that I've been designated as the queen of 'upcycling leftovers'.

Luckily the leftovers in their fridge are delicious to begin with. I found roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic, and a bunch of squares of chicken scampi. I also came across a number of tomatoes that didn't look like they'd be much good to anybody by next week. So - I made an amazing tomato sauce, then I heated the chicken up in it, and served it all on farfalle. WIN! It was carb-heavy but the sauce was incredibly delicious. I made exactly enough for four servings, and of course a plain serving of pasta for Dibble.

Then I raided the vegetable drawer for goodies for Shabbos - yay for squash, and zucchini, and celery, also a bunch of fresh herbs!

Tomorrow - cleaning, cooking, and general Shabbos prep, followed by a delicious thin-crust-pizza-dinner with Yo'Abba, Dibble, and Frank. (Haha, there's that hopeful, 'I'll clean someday' again...who knows, it could happen.)

For more fun stuff to read -
Phil & The Crazy Lady continue their adventures over at: moderatelyinterestingadventures.blogspot.co.il
Phil mocks my photoforwardingphilia over at: http://stuffmysistersendsme.blogspot.co.il/
&
Our neighbors continue to shower us with garbage gifts over at: http://isthisstuffyours.blogspot.co.il/

No comments: