Thursday, October 10, 2013

Eagleton Shmeagleton

Today started off at Tipat Chalav. We finally got ourselves put into the local system. Buzz got weighed and measured - he's still waaaaay up in the 80th percentile for height. Meaning that he is one tall kid. He got his 18 month shot, and took it like a man.

Our next stop was the grocery store. We went in to buy only a few things and walked out with a whole lot of groceries. I'm still not sure how that happened.

Buzz fell asleep on the way home. He was super tired because I carried him inside and got him into bed, still asleep. He napped for a good long while.

Z swept the floor and washed a few dishes. I did a couple of loads of laundry and cleaned out the shower drain. So at least some of the house got cleaned.

At 5ish we went out to the park and we played until a little after 6. Back at home I made some dinner and between the three of us we polished it all off.

Our box of 18 eggs had a Humpty-Dumpty incident and fell on its head. 6 eggs got hairline cracks in them which meant that they needed to be used, immediately. I mixed up a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough with 4 of them. The other two are waiting for the morning. They'll either become challah or black&white cookies. Depending on my mood.

I hadn't cooked anything for Shabbos and was getting kind of worried about what I would serve for the meals. Then Freddie invited us to her house for the weekend! Ok, well, I sort of self-invited us, mostly jokingly, and then she said it would be fun. I try not to turn down fun nowadays, so I said ok. Now that's the plan and cooking doesn't need to happen. Yay!

I'm going to make challah to take with us and cookies too.

I'm so excited to spend a shabbos at The Freddies new house!!

No comments: