Saturday, November 16, 2013

Caddie Cal

Friday morning was super busy. I cooked up: pastel, meat stuffed mushrooms, rice, sushi rice, and a whole chicken. The pastel came out beautifully (check out the pic below), and I actually cooked the chicken in the crockpot to avoid having the oven on for an additional hour+.

The shul/community 'welcoming committee' stopped by and dropped off really nice chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. It was really sweet of them!
Sarah Leah arrived at 3ish. Z and Buzz were out at The FamBily House, dropping off a goodie-bag for Phil. Sarah Leah gave me my yearly haircut (it's short again, up by my shoulders). Shabbos started on a nice note. Dinner was delicious - the chicken was so moist we almost had to eat it straight out of the crockpot. Then we relaxed, read, and ate a lot of dessert.
This morning Buzz and I went to the park for a while. Then we prepped lunch and set the table. Lunch was amazingly tasty and filling. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon eating desserts. A lot of desserts. Delicious but completely unnecessary. Phil came over and we had fun talking and watching Buzz be ridiculous.

Shabbos is so short now. Which left a lot of time to watch tv, listen to music, and eat a delightful melava malka. Eventually I dropped Sarah Leah off at the bus stop, and took Phil Home. Then Z and I watched some more tv.
Tomorrow we have another house related meeting in Jeru. I've also got to do a bunch of housework. Not so excited but not much to do about it, besides for doing it.

No comments: