Monday, November 04, 2013

Oh Dean...!

Buzz slept in this morning - which is to say he didn't come to find us until 7ish. Feeling more rested than usual, I decided to get up on the 'right' side of the bed. Fries and eggs for breakfast while entertaining the Buzz-monster. Then I actually worked out - blogilates for cardio warm-up and stretching cool-down with a nice 10 minute cycle in the middle.

We were planning to go out to the grocery store but Buzz was grumpy and wanted an 'early' nap so we decided to postpone it to another day. The kid napped on the living room floor, Z worked on stuff, and I lazed around watching tv.

At 2:15 when Z left for school, Buzz and I went to the park. We were there for a little over an hour. Buzz pushed the stroller up the whole snake path and after swinging for a while he asked me to strap him into the stroller and give him a ride home. We took it slow getting home and stopped at the mid-way bench for a bamba snack.

Back at home the chicken for dinner was defrosted. So Buzz and I just hung out and waited for Phil to arrive. We watched the sweet potato plant grow, swept the mirpeset, and pretend-watered the plants. Finally I realized that I should probably check the front door - I looked out the peephole and there was Phil. Locked out because I had left my keys in the door and unable to call me due to lack of cellular service in the hallway of our building. I let her in as quickly as I could.

We watched some Gilmore Girls. Then we took a break to get dinner started. We roasted a whole (adorable little 1.3kg) chicken (on a bed of tiny potatoes and sweet potato) on the stovetop (a la Freddie) in a mixture of white wine and lemon juice all seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano. It turned out deliciously moist. Phil, Buzz, and I, managed to polish off most of the chicken. I was mightily impressed. Then again, it was delicious. Since Z wasn't around we made it delightfully lemon-tangy just the way we like it. I'm definitely going to dream of that chicken tonight. Happy dreams.

After a few more episodes of GG, and a bunch more biscotti, Phil had to go. We sadly said goodbye then Buzz brushed his teeth and we went into his room. 15 minutes later at 8:15, Buzz was fast asleep snuggled peacefully with Barney.

I folded four loads of laundry to fill up some of the quiet time. Finally Z came home.

Tomorrow we might be making a trip into Jeru to meet with Z's teacher about the house. Well Z will be going, just not sure whether Buzz and I will be joining him. I guess we'll see in the morning.

No comments: