Thursday, December 26, 2013

Muffin Top

All that leftover eggnog is becoming delicious things here at our place. Yesterday we enjoyed waffles and today oatmeal-cinnamon muffins.
Speaking of yesterday - it was The Crazy Lady & The Mad Man's 30th anniversary! Craaaaziness! The morning flew by, Buzz took a nap, I baked a cake, then we went over to The FamBily House. Chinese fake-out for dinner was quite a delicious party.
This morning started at 5am when Buzz decided to come into our bed. Z 'slept in' until a little before 7, then popped out of bed and was out the door in no time. Buzz helped me bake muffins and challah. Then we made an enormous mess by deconstructing the kitchen cabinet's contents. After some French fries and driving me crazy for a while Buzz took a super short nap.  I didn't get much done for quite some time. I washed a lot of dishes including most of the bottles, then finally Z came home from school. Z took Buzz out to the park for a while which gave me time to bake Yo'Abba a low-sugar whole-wheat-crusted apple pie for shabbos.

When the boys came back from the park Z prepped the chicken for cooking. I mixed up a sauce and poured it on so that it could marinate overnight. Then I put up a big pot of chicken soup.

I also managed to set up the guest room, changed Buzz's sheets, folded 4 loads of laundry, and cleared off the dish drying rack.

For dinner we went over to The FamBily House. Cousin Jeff is in The Holy Land - he finished a 10 day tour trip and came to The Sun House this morning - so we went to hang out for a bit. Buzz warmed up to him SUPER quickly, it was really cute. Dinner was delicious - tomato vegetables soup, ravioli with mushroom cream sauce. Then leftover dessert from last night. We watched some tv then headed home. Buzz fell asleep in no time now I can clean up some more.
Tomorrow morning we're going to a simchat bat. Then I need to finish getting the house ready and the cooking done. Gonna be a busy day and I want to want to be done as early as possible.

Wish me luck!

No comments: