Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Too early.

Where to begin - it's not quite 8am...

Last night at 11 when I went to move a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer I found that the dryer was making sounds that no thing organic or mechanical should make. I turned it off because of the noise but then smelled a weird smoke scent. So I ended up hanging everything in the guest room overnight - it's Tuesday morning now and I don't expect anything to actually be dry until Thrsday at the earliest on account of most of the wash being denim, fleece, and sweatshirts.

The kid has a cough and has been sneezing everywhere. It's looking like my allergies as a kid and I have less than zero interest in taking him to the dr to be pointlessly put on medication for a second week in a row. I guess we'll see how it goes. He's in good spirits and acting totally normal so I'll stick with 'momma instinct'.

Z left for school at 7am. He had arranged to give a classmate a ride to the exam scheduled for 9am. On his drive to the other side of town to pick up his passenger he noticed the car didn't feel quite right. It was riding much too low. At the pick up point he got out to investigate the wheels and determined that a nail had punctured the rear tire. I guess I'll be taking a trip to the mechanic and Z won't be going to Jeru to get that signature on the house plans today.

There are a ton of dishes to wash, including all 7 of the baby bottles. My skin is coarse and prickly like sandpaper and even straight oil isn't keeping it moisturized.

And we got a delivery... www.isthisstuffyours.blogspot.co.il

I am beyond grumpy. All hail a second day from hell.

2:30PM UPDATE:
Yo'Abba came to the rescue on the car front. He came over and took a look at the predicament then fixed it - with the help of a few of Frank's acquaintances who had been passing by at just the right time. They learned how to change a tire and the hard work got done with no hernias being torn. Win-win for everybody. Once the spare was in place he took it over to Motti&Vinny's place where they determined that the super extra long nail had shredded the tire through and through. There was nothing left to patch so we needed a whole new tire for the rear passenger side. (And lesson learned - don't drive or park near construction sites - ha!)

Buzz took a nice hour-long nap so I got a chance to wash off of the pareve and dairy dishes. I even washed the bottles. Z got home a few minutes after I'd finished while I was sitting on the couch waiting for the moisturizer I'd slathered on my hands to absorb. Buzz actually ate some lunch - which was pretty impressive because it was fishsticks and peas (as opposed to plain rice which he's been demanding of late...)

Then a I figured I should probably have some lunch to. There was leftover potato kugel from Shabbos and I wanted to crisp it up so I opted to quick fry it in a fleishigs frying pan. Once it was golden brown and smelling delicious I decided that since the pan was dirty I might as well go all out - so I whisked up a couple of eggs and scrambled them. Good thing I made extra because Buzz was more than willing to share them with me.

Now we need to decide what to do next. Maybe we'll go out for a bit. I'm going stir-crazy and with the rain that's in the forecast I should get all the fresh air I can now...


No comments: