Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Jade

Yesterday got off to a seemingly productive start after a night of very little sleep. It was one of those nights where the kid spends HOURS flailing his entire body around and SHRIEKING at the top of his lungs like someone is trying to kill him. It was not pleasant.

I got up and made him a bottle. Then I put some fries into the oven. It was all of 7:10am. One thermonuclear diaper later found us sitting in my room, watching some George on YouTube while eating fries. Buzz proceeded to cough wetly all over the remaining fries on the plate so I let him have them all.

I decided that I really had to do something useful so I swept the whole apartment. Obviously it was a pointless endeavor - as I walked back into the living room from returning the broom to it's place, Buzz dumped a cup of cornflakes out on the floor and promptly stepped in them.

I literally forced the dose of mucolit into him. Seriously not an easy feat. But it obviously doesn't taste SO bad because he didn't force himself to throw it back up in my lap (which is what he does to antibiotics and liquid pain-relievers.)

Eventually it was 'late' enough to try to get Buzz to nap. We snuggled in my bed while Curious George went on a dozen misadventures. Buzz fell asleep at 11:40 and I figured that I had at least two hours to get stuff done. I took the opportunity to cut the kid's nails (he fights me like an animal when he's awake, but when he's sleeping it's 123...) then I realized that I was exhausted - so I crawled into bed.

Buzz woke up after about an hour and ten minutes. Not nearly long enough for me - or for him. He was kvetchy and coughy and miserable.

There were a dozen or more power-outage type things that kept making the battery backup beep like crazy and I'm pretty sure they had something to do with the short naptime.

In the kitchen things got a little out of control when the cabinet literally fell off the wall on top of me. Well, the jumbo soup pot and toaster actually fell on the back of my head. I managed to catch the cabinet as it sped towards me and the kid. That was definitely my most terrifying moment of the day.

Dinner out with the FamBily was a real treat - even though Buzz went a little bit psycho and tried to kick over a table (that half worked) and eventually escaped to the soft playground (a good way to expend energy).

When we got home he took his meds without too much of a fight - crying and flailing in a token way because at this point he feel that 'it simply must be done' - but as soon as the meds were down he grabbed his chocolate chips and wandered off chattering to himself.

Last night was a pretty good night in terms of sleeping. He went to bed at a little before 11, didn't show up in my room until a little after 1, and only woke up two other times (that I can remember).

This morning we enjoyed bottles and fries while George lost a chameleon and learned about Vietnamese cuisine. Meds went in 1-2-3 with a chocolate chip and cookie chaser. Then we did a load of laundry, folded two loads of laundry that had been sitting around since last week, and 'straightened up' a bit.

Buzz is currently taking his nap. It's going swimmingly - for him. So far he's been sleeping for 2 hours and 10 minutes. At first I didn't want to get up because I was tired and he was toasty warm to snuggle with - but now 2 hours and 10 minutes later I'm wishing I hadn't been so lazy because a shower sounds like SUCH a nice idea. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

Our plans for this afternoon include a trip to the park, a trip to the post office, then a trip to The FamBily House for some hanging out and fakeout Chinese dinner.

Should be fun.

Hopefully Z comes home tomorrow!

No comments: