Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lame Group

The high school reunion on Sunday got postponed for a week so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it. We also found out that we're being passed over yet again for things that I really don't want - but it still hurts.

Yesterday was busy - Z trekked down to the va'ada and got relatively (tentatively) good news about the house plans. They checked all of the calculations and looked over the plans. There are minor things that need correcting, and we need to collect all of the signatures after another perusal by the committee, but things are looking good.

The Crazy Lady helped us out by giving us a lift to Buzz's hearing test. He was freaked out and first but eventually relaxed into it before becoming completely preoccupied with a toy airplane and completely zoning out of the exam. Thankfully the airplane interest was piqued after she had collected enough data to write her report. The good news - he does hear. Now we need to figure out why he doesn't speak.

We'll be taking the results to the ENT on Sunday - hopefully we'll finally find out what procedures Buzz needs.

No plans for this weekend. We are trying to organize the house somewhat because it's a disaster area.

Today didn't quite get off to the hoped for good start. I squished a moldy lemon all over myself while trying to get it into the trash. Then when I started clearing off the kitchen counter (in order to clean the moldy lemon goop puddle), I picked up a garbage bag with four kg of sifted flour in it and went to put it into the pantry - but when I opened the pantry door a few glass bottles came flying off the shelf at me and in my effort to catch them the bag of flour slipped out of my grasp, fell to the floor and exploded in a floury cloud of mess all over the hallway, kitchen, living room, and dining room.

Thankfully Z humored me by getting out of bed and sweeping up the mess - while I crawled back into bed and tried not to cry.

At this point the second load of laundry is in the washing machine and the while apartment is swept.

I need to go to the post office to mail a letter, and I really want to go buy shelves to hang in Buzz's room so that we can put away his toys in some semblance of order.

No comments: