Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Hummus with Pickles

Tisha B'av was kind of a drag. I know that's the point of it - but being locked up in the house alone with a 2 year old when it's close to 100 degrees outside while fasting is torture - plain and simple. Thankfully we had borrowed an awesome toy from S&S (visible there behind the kid's head!) and it kept him entertained longer than any toy ever has before.
We broke our fast on tomato vegetable soup and fresh peasants bread. The soup was delicious. Buzz had taken an hour-long nap from 3-4 pm so he wasn't really interested in going to sleep. He also insisted that both Z and I lie down in his bed with him in order for him to fall asleep. I stuck it out for as long as I could but my bladder insisted that I attend to it's needs so I snuck out of the room. Then when there was no crying I didn't go back in. About half an hour later I cautiously opened the door and found both Buzz and Z fast asleep.
Today I decided to get the house back in order. Buzz and I collected all of the laundry and even pre-loaded the washer so that we could turn it on at the 'appropriately acceptable time'. We then put on our galoshes, and went out to the mirpeset and washed the heck out of it - all the cigarette ash, dust, crumbs from people shaking out their tablecloths... Our next project was sweeping the dining room, kitchen, and hallway. We washed all of the dishes and cleaned out the sink. We finally turned on the washing machine, and again, and again, and again - til all four loads were clean.
Finally the house was as neat as it was getting. Buzz and I decided to take a break and relax. Buzz found a box and made himself comfy. Buzz's highly anticipated trip to the park got cancelled because Z 'lost track of time' at the office and only realized that it was already 6pm when I called to ask him where the heck he was in the middle of Buzz's late-afternoon melt-down. Thankfully the office isn't too far from home so Z was home by 6:30. Then we piled into the car and made our way to The FamBily House for our first FamBily dinner of the week. 

The Crazy Lady made delicious oven-baked bbq chicken and jumbo potato wedgies. Chicken has never tasted so good! After dinner Buzz 'stole' The Crazy Lady's tablet and The Crazy Lady herself and made them all comfortable on the couch. Even thugh Buzz didn't nap at all today he shows no signs of exhaustion. It's 8:30pm and he refuses to go home. *yawn* long day.

No comments: