Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Savta!!!

We got off to a late start this morning. I say that because when we woke up it was already 7:40. (We usually get up an hour earlier than that.) Buzz needed a bath, desperately. Z hadn't packed lunch and there wasn't even anything to pack. Somehow I managed to bathe the kid, get him dressed, pack his bag, cook chicken for Z to take for lunch and I even found some bbq sauce in the freezer and a tiny container to take it in. Finally they were out the door, only 20 minutes late.

I made myself some breakfast and ate it while watching some tv. Then I cooked up a batch of kasha to fill some knishes - only to realize that I am officially out of potatoes (seriously, how often does ~that~ happen to me?!) so the filling will have to wait. I cooked up the sweet and tangy sauce for Hawaaiin Chicken which we'll be serving on the 'third night' of Rosh Hashana.

Eventually the entire day had passed me by. I packed up my bags and headed out the door for my 20 minute trek across town. Luckily for me, at the top of the block I bumped into our old neighbor who was on his way to pick up his son (who happens to be in gan with Buzz). He kindly gave me a lift to the gan. Buzz was so excited to see me. 

We relaxed at The FamBily House for a couple of hours. Buzz chased Frankie and 'walked' the Fuzzle. Eventually Z got back from work.

We piled into the car with Frank and Dibble and drove to the mall. We met up with S&S for a special birthday dinner for Savta! There were some hitches at the end but the company was lovely and the conversation was entertaining and amusing.

We made it home by 9 and Buzz was asleep by 9:30.

No big plans for tomorrow, no real plans to speak of at all actually. I mean, I have a 'to-do' list, but who knows if any of those things will ever get done.

Maybe we'll get to the recycling place or to the grocery store for some vegetables... I guess we'll see!

No comments: