Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hiya Chaya

Thursday was spent in a tizzy of being busy. I finally prepped and fried the FF empanadas. Thanks to The Crazy Lady's super-mixer I was able to knead up the dough without any intensive labor. The pasta roller and a press made the shaping a breeze - compared to doing it by hand with a rolling pin and fork anyway. 80-somehting empanadas are now safely stowed away in the freezer.
Friday was a crazy busy day. I kicked off with knish-baking. First 27 kasha Knishes (which used up a triple batch of knish dough), then another double batch of dough went far enough to shape 10 potato Knishes. The grand finale of the process was a final double batch of dough which became two-dozen very tasty looking meat Knishes. All in all quite the successful endeavor.
Z brought Akiva&Emunah over to hang out on Friday in the early afternoon. It was nice to see them, but I was glad that there wasn't much cooking left to do. The day dragged on forever and eventually it was candle lighting time. We were so tired from the long day that we all ate a tiny bit of chicken soup then fell asleep before 8pm.
We woke up on the early side for a Shabbat morning, but the kid was fully-charged, so we had no choice. We managed to get out by 9:30 so that we could walk before the heat became unbearable. The walk was nice, Buzz even managed the whole thing on his own two feet. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at The FamBily House with The Parentals, Frank, Dibble, and A&A. We played a few games of Settlers, read some books and newspapers, terrorized some felines (ok, so that was just Buzz), and eventually the day ended. Dibble made havdalah for us then The Crazy Lady drove us home. Ayala came to hang out for a bit because Avi was stuck in the army doing army-stuff all of Saturday night.
This morning was fine. The weather was quite nice so I was excited to turn off the a/c and open the windows. I did some laundry, washed some dishes, cleaned some bathrooms, organized some messes...and did some generally, well, you know, productive-type things.
I managed to hold out until 3:30 to go pick up Buzz from gan. The walk which about 3 weeks ago took me 20 minutes now takes me closer to 15. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but it is, I can feel it. After pick-up we went down to The FamBily House. Phil was home and Buzz was thrilled to see her (because she hadn't been home for shabbos). They got all dressed up in aprons and made some tortillas together. It was fairly amusing.
Eventually Z showed up and we ran home for bath, dinner, bed. Buzz was none-to-pleased and threw quite the tantrum. Thankfully he was asleep by 7:30.

I'm not even sure what there is to do tomorrow. I mean, my lists are a mile long, but I may be overreaching.

No comments: