Sunday, June 21, 2015

Ceramic Modern Bottom Pot Newest!

 I left you getting all geared up for the BBQ, which didn't end up taking place until Thursday. 

But Wednesday was waaaay more exciting. At a little after 1 pm I heard the crackling of a brush-fire. Further investigation revealed that a huge swath of foliage was ablaze on the main road above my building. (Mind you, if I'm being honest, I only looked for the fire after a glance out the window revealed ash floating past on a gentle smoke-hazed breeze.) Nonetheless, there most certainly was a fire, and a roaring hot one at that. I did my civic duty and called the fire department to report the incident. 
The dispatcher responded by asking which fire I was referring to. Confounded by the question, I made my way to the living room to close the window and as I did I noticed another blaze on the opposite side of the building in the field. So I replied that now I was calling in regard to TWO fires. The dispatcher laughed and said not to worry, the truck was on its way. I returned to my bedroom and watched a graceful old palm tree in somebody's backyard go up in flames. Finally the firetruck arrived and started dealing with the situation.
Eventually the top fire was under control and the truck went around to deal with the fire in the field. Only then did I notice that a crew was hard at work clearing out the migrash next to our building. This section of neighborhood was originally zoned for 5 buildings, but only 4 were constructed. It looks like somebody finally remembered the fifth one and now we will have the honor of construction noise outside our bedroom window until we finally get out of this place. Hello noise, hello dust, hello Blech.
In happier news - the BBQ was quite the excellent success. All that even though it was postponed from Wednesday night (due to a graduation and award ceremony at Dibble's school). 
The food turned out deliciously. And the cake was amaaaazing - even though it self-destructed on account of lack of gluten-matrix thanks to being baked with barley flour.
Shabbos was fun(ny). I was an absolute lazy bum about cooking. I pulled chicken soup out of the freezer for Firday night and dinner consisted of that broth, leftover chicken from the BBQ, and some yellow rice from Wednesday night. Shabbos lunch was a bowl of tuna, some cheddar cheese, and a potato gratin (which was the only thing I actually cooked on Friday.) Extreme laziness - but it's not like we starved. I mean, we were full and the food was tasty. I probably won't do that again any time soon though. It was extremely anticlimactic as far as Shabbos food goes.

We walked over to The FamBily House on Shabbos afternoon. Buzz wore Curious George on his back in a makeshift-mitpachat torso carry - having the monkey on his back meant that he was forced to walk the whole way. It was sneaky but brilliant.

We hung out for a few hours, played a game of Settlers, ate some snacks, then we made our way to The 'Yellow Park' (the jumbo park at the bottom of Hadekel). After the park we decided to walk home so that we could get Buzz to bed at a decent hour. It worked out perfectly. We made it home and Buzz crashed by 8:15, it was great. (Well, if you discount the fact that he woke up screaming for us twice in the middle of the night.)
Today was productive. I finished scanning the three-hundredth file in my quest for digitizing our family-history. Not gonna lie, it's been absolutely fascinating to see all of these documents. Before this I didn't know what color eyes my great-grandmother had, or that she was older than my Zaidy, or the names of my great-great-grandparents... Very cool facts. And seeing all of my Grandfather's awards and certificates and school-related-paraphernalia helped me figure out where Freddie and Phil got their craaaazy over-achiever genes from. (I've yet to figure out where my slacker-genes come from - though Z says I'm an overachiever when I want to be. I suspect he's just trying to make me feel better.)

Today is the summer solstice and the weather was beautiful. I hope tomorrow is just as nice. I'm busy gearing up for my birthdays. This week is pretty busy: haircuts, dr appts, meetings about the house, file deliveries, and other stuff that I'm not remembering right now. My Hebrew birthday falls out this coming Shabbos. The Z leaves for miluim early next Sunday morning and I'm on call with Buzz by myself for an entire week. *gulp* slightly terrifying, but at least he's still got gan and I'll have the car.

Trying not to freak out about next week just yet though. I've got to get through this one first!

No comments: