Monday, July 20, 2015


It's been a whole week since I last updated. Last week was hot hot hot, but this week isn't proving to be much different. Last week buzz had 'water play' in gan, but it completely slipped my mind in the morning and I forgot to send a change of clothes. The teacher scrounged through the assortment of clothes in his backpack and he came home dressed in an outfit that a three year old could be proud of. (See below...)
Buzz has been playing with Animal a lot lately. He shleps him around and calls him his 'baby' which I find endlessly amusing. Personally I see a lot of Z in the fuzzy little baby, maybe it's the crazy facial hair.
Last week I decided that since it's been very hot and I've been opting to take the bus to gan pickup rather than walking 1.5km in 32C (or hotter) weather - that I'd have to find somewhere in the budget to trim enough shekels so that I can support my bus-riding-habit. And so, I decided to stop buying French fries - my breakfast food of choice. Instead I've been hand-cutting fries every morning. It doesn't really take any longer than grating up the potatoes for a giant latka. And this way I can hop on the bus across town rather than sweating while hiking. 

I'm waiting eagerly for the weather to cool down so that I can resume walking, but to be honest, I may keep hand-cutting my fries. This way I know that they're 100% potatoes with no added sugars or preservatives. Seems like a good deal to me.
Today is my 5th day taking a new medication. It is working miracles on my guts! Since last Thursday I've been decidedly less nauseous, able to eat normal sized meals and still have enough room to drink as much water as I need to stay well hydrated (instead of needing to balance a few bites of food with a few sips of water and ending up perpetually hungry, dehydrated, and feeling sick.) so basically - it's AMAZING!!! I had forgotten what it was like to live without feeling sick 22 out of 24 hours of the day. Pretty sad to think about. I'm so grateful that Z pushed me to go see a 7th Gastroenterologist, because finally somebody had something useful and productive to suggest!
Shabbos was very quiet this past weekend. The parentals and Phil spent Shabbos with The Freddies. Dibble stayed at our house and it was a whole lot of hysterical fun. Good times indeed. Buzz and Dibble played CandyLand and some catch and read some stories. It was all good. Shabbos afternoon we ventured out to visit S&S which was also delightful! Buzz had an excellent time with his great-grandparents - and for the last two days he has talked about how much fun he had building a castle and playing with colorful blocks. Super cute!
Today we spent a large portion of the early afternoon in the dark. A citywide blackout kept us bored in the way that only gadget-dependent people can be. I opened my trissim, and stared at the wall before realizing that I could read some of my book! The time passed quickly and before I knew it I had to head out to pick up Buzz.

At The FamBily House things were hopping as usual. Snacks for everyone and the power came back on which meant air-conditioning for everyone.

I need to figure out dinner for tonight. And hopefully tomorrow I'll be more productive than I was at any point this week so far. At the very least there are no dirty dishes in the sink. That's a win for me.

No comments: