Monday, December 14, 2015

Loppypops & Fabdetti

I left you at night three...

Let's see... On Wednesday morning Buzz enjoyed a fresh pita pizza with olives for breakfast. He was quite pleased and surprised by the fact that I agreed to his crazy request. As a gesture of gratitude he washed all of the silverware from our party the night before. (I soaped them and he rinsed - but he did a great job!)

Then we got dressed and made our way over to S&S's house where we partied with a bunch of Preiser's for a couple of hours. Buzz was thrilled because he got pizza for a second meal running.

We ended up at The FamBily House for dinner which was a whole lot of fun. Sadly we missed The Freddies because the hour got a little late.
Thursday morning we took Buzz in for an Occupational Therapy evaluation/assessment. We feel that he could definitely positively benefit from the opportunity for OT. So, we'll see what happens. 

After our meeting we went down to the mall and there were some big bouncy houses set up. Buzz was thrilled when we let him take a turn jumping and bouncing. Our next stop was the bakery for a well earned donut and to the grocery store for last minute groceries for Shabbos.

Z left for school very late, on account of our adventures. One of the only reasons that he actually traveled out to Ariel was so that he could bring Phil home for the weekend!
Friday was insanely hectic. Buzz had a follow-up appointment with the ENT. She proclaimed his ears fluid free, which is super duper exciting, especially because it's the wet season now!

Z took Buzz and went out to visit the house along with The Fialkoffs. While they were out I baked a double batch of brownies (and subsequently frosted one batch with mint frosting and chocolate ganache, and the other pan got topped with eggless cookie dough.) I whipped up a batch of whipped chocolate frosting and piped it onto a batch of yellow cupcakes that I baked.

Then I prepped food for shabbos, and straightened up the house. Abe joined us for Shabbos but we made him sleep on the super comfy couch in Buzz's room because Sarah Leah was also sleeping over. She ate her meals by her cousins in Nofei Aviv.
You may be asking yourself, 'Why all the fancy desserts for Shabbos?'

Well, A&A had a baby boy and the bris fell out on shabbos morning! So The Amazingly Awesome Crazy Lady - cooked and hosted a complete shabbos extravaganza for A&A and their parents/relatives ALL WHILE babysitting for both of The Mini Freddies one of whom was a teething grumpy one year old with an ear infection! That Crazy Lady is seriously a Superwoman!
So, the bris went smoothly. We left the shul with a baby named Aryeh Yosef. The day was very nice. Z and Phil took the 3 year olds out to Yellow Park to burn off their excess energies. The food was delicious and I did a sweet job on the desserts if I do say so myself.
Sunday was mostly a do-nothing day. Buzz and I spent the day in pjs.

At around 3:30pm Buzz and I were both starting to fall asleep. I realized that we had to do something. So, off to the kitchen we went. Buzz perked a cookie cookbook, chose a recipe, and we were off!

Two doughs, a chill, rolling and rolling... And finally it was dinner time and we had cookies for dessert!
This morning we got off to an early start. I had plans to head to The FamBily House at around 9. Then I found out that the buses were on strike, and thunder started, then the skies opened dumping a whole lot of rain down on us.

Freddie was coming to The Sun House to pick up her kiddos. She agreed to pick us up on h way into town. While we waited for her to arrive we folded three load of laundry, washed all of the dairy and pareve dishes, got dressed, and swept the floor. It was quite productive.

We ended up spending the whole day at The FamBily House. We raided the fridge for lunch and snacks. We played lots of games. And we caught up on the Freddies' adventures.

For dinner I helped The Crazy Lady repurpose some leftover roasted chicken breasts into my very favorite repurposed-leftover dish - a Chicken Pot Pie. I think it came out really deliciously!

After dinner My'Abba gave us a ride home. Buzz's bedtime routine went so quickly - he was decidedly tuckered out.

Then I crazily started baking a batch of rolls. I suddenly remembered that we were out of rolls for Buzz to take to gan for Aruchat Eser. Luckily I have a supser easy 1-hour white bread recipe. So one hour later the whole apartment was filled with the smell of fresh bread and I had eight rolls for Buzz.
I'm looking forward to Buzz going back to gan.

I'm hoping to get the house back in order - finally.

Of course some quiet alone time with nobody else around will be really really great!

And tomorrow is already Tuesday, so it's not too long of a week until Shabbos comes around again.
For now - sleep is next up on my agenda.

Boy am I tired!

No comments: